It has been a long time. Ramadan is over, healthcare bill passed the House, and Dow Jones has been setting new highs for the year.... More importantly, we are close to the first ten days of the Islamic calendar month of Dhul-Hijjah (starts on Nov. 18th, iA).
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "There is no day more honorable in Allah's sight and no acts more beloved therein to Allah than those in these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah)"
I know I need to take advantage of these 10 days to rejuvenate myself. May Allah bless us with the strength to take advantage of these days, and help us be kinder, more positive influences on the ones around us. Ameen!
Shaykh Muhammad Alshareef gives the following suggestions for extra good deeds during these days:
1. Fasting these 10 days
2. Giving more charity during these 10 days
3. Say the "Eid" Takbeers loudly wherever you go. (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha illa Allah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Walillaahil hamd.)
4. Try to pray more prayers in the Masjid
5. Increase ties of kinship (visit family, say kind words to them, etc.)
6. Perform more voluntary prayers at home
7. Read more Quran, contemplating the meanings
8. Do more Dhikr
9. Ask for forgiveness more frequently