Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review for Jeffrey Gitomer's The Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness

Bismillah.

I recently listened to Jeffrey Gitomer's The Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness and wanted to share some high level notes.
http://www.audible.com/pd/Business/The-Little-Red-Book-of-Selling-Audiobook/B002V9Z58A

Good ideas/perspectives are most useful when we act upon them.  So, how do you act upon these ideas? I suggest you focus on a couple of principles a week and try implementing a new strategy or action from these principles in a routine basis. Internalizing concepts/ideas occurs with focus and persistence.

Much thanks to Mr. Gotimer for sharing his experiences/perspective in a user-friendly manner.

I listed Mr. Gitomer's 12. 5 principles for sales greatness below:

  1. Kick your own ass
  2. Prepare to win, or lose to someone who is
  3. Personal branding is Sales: It's not who you know, its who knows you
  4. Its all about value, its all about relationship, its not all about price
  5. It's not work, its NETwork.
  6. If you can't get in front of the real decision maker, you suck.
  7. Engage me and you can make me convince myself.
  8. If you can make them laugh, you can make them buy!
  9. Use CREATIVITY to differentiate and dominate.
  10. Reduce their risk and you' convert selling to buying.
  11. When you say it about yourself its' bragging. When someone else says it about you its proof.
  12. Antennas up
  13. Resign your position as general manager of the universe. 

I wish you fulfilling success.
 Nabil

Why customers buy (per The Little Red Book of Selling)

  1. I like my sales rep
  2. I understand what I am buying
  3. I perceive a difference in the person and the company that I am buying from
  4. I perceive a value in the product that I am purchasing
  5. I believe my sales rep
  6. I have confidence in my sales rep
  7. I trust my sales rep
  8. I am comfortable with my sales rep
  9. I feel that there is a fit of my needs and his/her product or service
  10. The price seems fair, but its not necessarily the lowest
  11. I perceive that this product or services will increase my productivity
  12. I perceive that this product or services will increase my profit
  13. I perceive that my salesperson is trying to help me build my business in order to earn his. My salesperson is a valuable resource to me. 


18.5 secrets of success (per The Little Red Book of Selling)

  1. believe you can
  2. create the environment
  3. have the right associations
  4. expose yourself to what's new
  5. plan for the day
  6. become valuable
  7. have the answers your prospects and customers need
  8. recognize opportunity
  9. take advantage of opportunity
  10. take responsibility
  11. take action
  12. make mistakes
  13. willing to risk
  14. keep your eyes on the prize
  15. balance yourself
  16. invest, don't spend
  17. stick at it until you win
  18. develop and maintain a positive attitude
  19. ignore idiots and zealots


No comments: