Thursday, October 8, 2020

Making the most of our evenings



Bismillah.

I am a morning person and thus I tend to focus my energies on trying to make my morning productive. Over this past few weeks, I have noticed that my evenings haven't been that productive or fufilling. This morning, I started researching afternoon/evening habits that can I hope to incorporate in the upcoming days/weeks, iA.

As an aside, I am reading  The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod with one of my teammates. I will plan to share some of lessons learned from this book in the a few days.

Going back to making better use of afternoon/evenings, I didn't see any books that popped up easily with my initial Google searches. I did find some of articles and will share some those links below.
John Rampton from Entrepreuner.com wrote the following piece: 11 Afternoon and Evening Routines That Will Make You Much More Productive Tomorrow

His list of routines include the following:
  1. Stop while you are ahead
  2. Get up and Move
  3. Take a micro nap
  4. Save the easy stuff for last
  5. End your workday on a high note
  6. Chillax when you get home
  7. Do one more thing that you love
  8. Eliminate negativity and reflect
  9. Prepare for tomorrow
  10. What good did I do today?
  11. Turn your bedroom into a cave
Thomas Oppong from medium.com wrote the following article:  8 Powerful Evening Habits That Will Prepare You For a Better Tomorrow. He included the following habits:
  1. Get ready for tomorrow today
  2. Create a shutdown ritual
  3. Establish a restorative place to unwind
  4. Make time to reflect
  5. Focus on mastery experiences
  6. Read something you enjoy
  7. Cut out the blue light
  8. And prioritize sleep
I  haven't really been as structured on my evening habits. I plan to try some of the aforementioned routines and see how that changes my evenings. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have figured out to make the most of your evenings and/or are working to making your evenings more productive.





No comments: