Thursday, February 25, 2010

Salams- Come closer to your Lord with extra deeds

Salams- I think I posted this hadith before, but, I love this reminder:

On the Authority of Abu Hurairah who reported that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Allah the Exalted has said: 'Whosover shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him. My slave does not draw nearer to me with anything more loved by me that the religious duties that I have imposed upon him, and My Slave continues to draw near to ME with extra works so that I shall love him. When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hands with which he holds, and his foot which which he walks. Were he to ask of Me, I would surely give it to him and were he were he ask ME for refuge, I would surely grant it.' "

Related by Bukhari.

My take:
1. Wow, mA.. Take care of religous obligations (testify the oneness of your Lord, pray 5 times/day, pay your zakat, fast in ramadan, make the hajj), and do a little extra to earn your Lord's love
2. How amazing is it to be loved by your Lord?

Be safe and take care-

1 comment:

talib د عا ؤ ں کا طا لب said...

Assalam allaikum wrahmatullah wabrakatahu,

there is no exageration to say that you are doing a great job in the fevour of ummah , going on sirate-mustaqeem.
May ALLAH bless you.

also comes at Deen-Dunya. We'll merrily.

wassalam