Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Work hard/Trust in your Lord + Expecting a Surge in U.S. Medical Schools

Bismillah.

So.. Tawakul (Complete Trust in Your Lord)..

One day the Prophet (peace be upon him) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it. He asked the Bedouin, "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The Bedouin answered, "I put my trust in Allah." The Prophet then said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah"

My take:

1. Try your very best AND place your trust in your Lord

Also, for those interested in medical school, read the following piece. Thanks Naji and Dulbahai.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/15/education/15medschools.html

2 comments:

obi wan kanaji said...

I think this hadith is saying that it is not enough to ask Allah for everything you want. If a person isn't working hard to achieve his goals, then he isn't as deserving to attain them as someone who is.

I also think that this hadith might mean that Allah rewards hard work, but only after you put the effort in.

Jazakullah for sharing.

learning quran online said...

I have seen many blogs and have don research on many but most of them lack of good substance but I would say that you are doing a great job and keep the good work on