Monday, April 17, 2023

It is too easy to get distracted

 Bismillah

As the end of Ramadan is coming closer, I am trying to find lessons and reflections that hopefully will serve me better for the next eleven months. One of the signs that your Ramadan is accepted by God is that you continue some of the habits you gained in the month of Ramadan. In addition to fasting from food and water from dawn to sunset, Muslims try to increase their prayers and charity this month. 

I hope to continue the practice of getting up early before dawn and saying a few prayers and hope to also fast at least once a week this upcoming year.

It is too easy to get distracted and fall into the routine of wasting precious time. In Atomic Habits, James Clear talks about a habits scorecard. Basically, it is the idea of identifying/documenting your habits and evaluating if each is an effective habit. 

One of my goals is to write something on this blog every day. I hope by the end of April, I am getting closer to being consistent on this. 





No comments: