Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hadith Qudsi ("I am as My servant thinks I am")

Bismillah

Abu Harayrah narrated that Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

"I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

My take:
Remember God and God will be with you. Knowing and internalizing this idea should be a source of comfort, God willing.

Even with this knowledge of God's love for his creation, we might feel lost or down at times, it is important to surround ourselves with righteous people and beneficial reminders.

May Allah always bless us with contentment of hearts. Ameen!

4 comments:

thelegacymaker said...

Ameen

Unknown said...

ameen, jazakAllahu Khair for the great reminder

Anonymous said...

Cool post you got here. It would be great to read more about that theme. Thnx for posting this info.

Anonymous said...

love it.