Saturday, August 29, 2009

Help your fellow brother/sister

Bismillah

Prophet (Blessings and Peace be upon him) said:
Verily, Allah will say to His slave as He is taking account of him on the Day of Judgment, `O' son of Adam, I was hungry and you did not feed me. He will answer, how can I feed you and you are the Lord of the worlds! He will say, did you not know that my slave so and so who is the son of so and so felt hunger, and you did not feed him. Alas! Had you fed him you would have found that (i.e. reward) with Me. O' son of Adam, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink. He will say, How can I give you drink, and you are the Lord of the worlds! He will say, did you not know that my slave so and so, the son of so and so felt thirsty and you did not give him drink. Alas! If you had given him, you would have found that (i.e. reward) with Me. O' son of Adam, I became sick and you did not visit Me. He will say, How can I visit you and you are the Lord of the worlds! He will say, did you not know that my slave so and so, the son of so and so became sick and you did not visit him. Alas! Had you visited him, you would have found me with him.”

From the book, Don't be Sad, by Aaidh bin Abdullah al-Qarni.

My take on the hadith above:

1. Be good to others, feed the poor, visit the sick, and you will find your Lord.

You can find the whole book online by clicking on the following link:

http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_books/signal/en_Do_not_be_Sad.pdf

Much love and peace-

No comments: